- Stream the Raspberry Pi Cam to Twitch
· After getting bad results with my shitty webcam (< 10 fps) I’ve upgraded to a Raspberry Pi Cam v2 without integrated infrared filter (NoIR). The Raspberry Pi Cam v2 can output 1080p30 (and better) in a really nice quality. By turning the lense you are also able to adjust the focus easily. But the best part is the native h264 output. Twitch accepts that as input stream so we don’t have to transcode which is very ressource intensive.
- Stream a webcam to Twitch over a Raspberry Pi
· I wanted to stream a webcam connected to my headless Raspberry Pi (also running OctoPrint) to Twitch. The problem: The encoding in h264 is a ressource hog. But thankfully somebody reverse engineered the hardware acceleration and made it open source.
You can stream directly to Twitch using ffmpeg. But you habe to compile it with the ONX encoder.
Hardware used is a Raspberry Pi 3 running a headless Raspbian and a Logitech C270 webcam.
- Preparing a customized Raspbian image
· I wanted to build a customized Raspbian image (.img-File) so I just have to dd it onto a sdcard and the finished os is booting. Stuff I wanted to customize:
systemd should start the sshd right away (enabled service). In the default image it’s not started automatically Remove the pi user and the sudo file for it Create my own user and add a ssh key Problems:
I’m using a Mac (which runs x86) and the Raspberry Pi runs ARM so no chroot :-) .